Saturday, April 09, 2011

Food Thoughts and Wall-E

We're down to our last 3 hours of the 30 hour famine.

We've been very productive - which shows me how much food runs our lives. I felt so lost yesterday around dinner time - shouldn't I be making dinner right now? Nope. Or having snacks available for us to eat, I always have little things to snack on in between meals (at the moment we are hooked on wasabi peas). It was so odd to not have food to eat or even as a thing to pass time. I realized how much of my energies in the day revolve around shopping for, preparing, eating and thinking about food.

You gotta love missing out on something to appreciate it...

Last night we did our taxes, we've been meaning to do them forever. Last night was the perfect time to do it since I didn't have to cook, eat or clean up after dinner. So that got done, woohoo!

This morning, I'm going to clean around the house in these last few hours since I don't have to plan, prepare, eat or clean up after breakfast.

Keith is making Wall-E. Yup. It's pretty adorable. We'll have to find a place for him in our home once he's done. Keith is painstakingly cutting out tiny pieces of paper and gluing them together to make an adorable little Wall-E.

What the finished product will look like, can't wait to have him in our home!

I love his little rubrics cube.

So far he has this much done.

This is the step he's on right now.
And yes, I count this as being productive :)

No comments: