Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Here We Go 2012

January 2012. It has come.

Keith and I are determined to up our exercise this year and it begins today.
We're going to run every Wednesday and Saturday (this is the hope!) to train for a 10K run coming up in May. Keith started his P90X again this Monday, and I began my Turbo Jam videos again.

We'll see how this goes!

Since we got married in July 2010, we've both eaten a lot healthier. Always buying fresh food and cooking from scratch is one of the main things we do to keep all the bad and yucky stuff out of our diets. As of October 2011 we stopped eating out (we have gone out I think maybe only 3 times since then, but it was for some special event!) mostly to save money, but hey! It's helping us keep healthy as well.

One of Keith's goals has been to get to work before 9am. Even 8:30am (the time he's supposed to start). This is HUGE! And he's been doing it and I'm so proud of him. It means he gets to come home earlier too which is sweet! Usually if he got to work at 9:15am he'd always stay at least until his 5:15pm time, but usually later. Now that he gets there earlier and leaves earlier.

One of my goals this year was to try to actually do what I write in my agenda. And I write everything in my agenda. So this includes house chores, school work, Bible readings, shopping lists, exercise goals etc.
So, today I'm working through all the little tick boxes I made in my agenda and really hoping to get them all done!

This year is a year I hope to be more disciplined...in every area. I just need to make the time to do the things I've always said I wanted to do. And being realistic about them. I tend to cram too many things in my week. If any of you have seen our week-at-a-glance chalkboard - you know exactly what I'm saying. I then get overwhelmed because I didn't have time to do any of the little things here and there that I need to do. And these are simple everyday things, like cleaning the house, cooking a meal, doing laundry, spending time with God, taking care of myself etc.

I think my problem is when someone asks "are you free?" I look in my agenda, find a time and say "yes!" Which have made for so many awesome hangs. But I realize that my family and myself is important too. And I need to make time for that.

I'm hoping to keep my week days and night focused on school, work and the home while spending time each day in God's Word. Weekends can be my time to relax and spend time with friends. Sundays are reserved for spending time with my church family and times with my flesh and blood family and my in-laws. :)

2012, this is it. Here we go.

No comments: